Education – Demand Education Excellence
A thriving local economy demands an environment that supports lifelong learning.
Cecil County Public Schools – Al will work with school leadership to encourage education excellence for all Cecil County schools.
- Al is committed to getting Cecil County schools safely open to full capacity.
- One of Al’s proudest accomplishments during his current term was working together with Superintendent Dr. Lawson, local businesses, farmers, and many others to launch a School of Technology job-ready trade skills program. Graduates now have the skills needed to get good paying high demand jobs.
Cecil College – Al supports the growth of Cecil College and sees it as the crown-jewel of the community providing affordable and accessible education for citizens of the County.
- Al will continue to make access to higher education a priority for Cecil Community College.
- A large percentage of adults in the County take advantage of the colleges lifelong learning programs.
- The Early College Academy has been a huge success. This program enables high school students to take college level courses at a reduced tuition rate that go toward achieving their future degree.
- The Cecil College Nursing Program is highly respected and consistently achieves over a 90% pass rate for Board Certification.
Cecil County Public Library - Al is a strong voice for our award-winning library system and its efforts to expand learning opportunities for all.
- Al supported funding for the new North East Branch Library opening in Spring 2021. This opening will usher in a new level of access, experience, and opportunity for the entire community.
- Al believes library partnerships benefit all ages in our community by:
- Expanding Small Business Center services.
- Engaging Children’s literacy programs.
- Offering computer skill classes for adults returning to work.