Al Miller, Council Member of District 3
A lifelong resident of Cecil County, Al has devoted countless hours to activities and organizations in the community.
What motivated me to run…
What motivated me to run for county councilman? MY LOVE FOR THIS COUNTY! I have dedicated my life to doing volunteer work for Cecil County. I will draw on that wealth of experience as a leader and team player to improve the quality of life for all Cecil County citizens and future generations.
As your county councilmen, I would like to work with YOU on successfully completing the Comprehensive Plan to continue the growth in the I95 and Route 40 corridor, establishing strong economic development, while increasing employment opportunities in Cecil County. THIS will allow our agricultural community to thrive and prosper and maintain the rural character of our beautiful county!
- Demand Education Excellence for Children
- Promote Full Utilization School of Technology
- Solve Opiod Crisis with Extensive Education
- Promote Family Farms & Rural Character
- Extend MARC Commuter Rail Line to Elkton
- Grow Jobs in Business-Friendly Community
- Retain and Expand Existing Businesses
- Aggressive Economic Development Program
- Encourage Sustainable Economic Growth
- Provide Infrastructure Required by Business
- Create Interchange at I-95 & Belvidere Road
More About Al...
- Cecil County Fair Board - 40 Years
- President of Cecil County Fair Board - 10 Years
- Cecil Co Chamber Commerce, Past President, Board of Directors - 6 Years
- Economic Development Commission
- Cecil County Farm Bureau Board - 8 Years
- President of Farm Bureau Board - 4 Years
- Maryland Farm Bureau Board - 4 Years
- Cecil County Board of Elections - 20 Years
- Janes United Meth Church Trustee - 3 Years
- Youth Basketball Coach - 19 Years
EDUCATION / EMPLOYMENT
- University of Delaware - BS in Agriculture
- AG-Industrial, Inc. Salesman - 30 Years