Community - Building Safe, Healthy, and Active Communities.
A vibrant community relies on services like public safety and public works as well as amenities like parks and recreation programs.
Health and Safety
We must protect the members of our community who serve and protect us. I believe as we work together, we can make a difference and make our community stronger. Opioid addiction continues to be a primary issue in our county. We need to work together to support struggling families by providing addiction recovery programs associated with back to work programs.
- Al believes we must invest in and support First Responders and Police who come at our call.
- Al has been instrumental in working with the Cecil County Department of Health in creating partnership COVID vaccine sites in the county.
- Al backs Cecil County Drug and Alcohol Abuse Council’s plan and strategies to meet public needs and their vision for “A community free from substance abuse and dependence.”
- Al is an advocate for Voices of Hope, Inc. a non-profit organization in Cecil County made of people in recovery, family members and allies who support recovery.
Parks and Recreation
Cecil County has some of the most beautiful parks in Maryland. We need to protect these resources as we expand tourism opportunities.
- Al championed Calvert Regional Park growth. This park is an example of how a community builds, safe, healthy and active communities.
- Fair Hill Park is the home of the Cecil County Fair. As President of the Fair Board, Al works diligently to bring more tourism to our county.
- Al recommended funding for Brantwood Regional Park upkeep.